A Fast Guide To Start A Successful Poshmark Closet!
Do you want to start a Poshmark Closet that is successful from the start? Are you interested in extra income coming in or have clothes you just don’t like and want to sell? Well, you have come to the right place, I am going to guide you through the process and provide some tips to help get your first sale. By the end of this guide, you will be ready to sell all those cute clothes you have to get even cuter clothes! Poshmark is a place to go sell clothes and other items that you don’t want anymore, and it’s all online. Plus you can go shopping on the platform too!
Let’s begin building your Poshmark Closet
Create an account with Poshmark.
- You have to download the Poshmark app and sign up. Join me on Poshmark, my favorite app to buy & sell fashion. Save up to 70% off top brands! For a limited time, use my code JLD1211 to save $10!!
- After you have signed up you are going to have to come up with a username. I always see people with cute, goofy or funny usernames. People do this because it’s catchy and people will remember it and follow you.
- Once that is all set up, you will be asked to enter some of your favorite brands, I would suggest the brands that you are either going to shop for or have in your own closet so that you are in the same marketplace community of the people who love the same brands that you do!
- Now let’s add a photo of you. This is really important to gain trust with your followers.
- The last step is to add a little info about yourself in a bio; be creative and unique.
Building your Closet
- Let’s upload your first product. The app will ask for a picture of the item that you are going to sell. It is important that you take pictures that include the whole item including any damage, like a hole or stain. This will allow the customer to see the entire item. They will be aware of the damage or irregularities prior to purchasing.
- When taking the photo remember that angle and background are key. The shopper wants to see everything about the item they are going to purchase. You want the item to pop in the background not be drawn back by it. So look for ways to make it pop; maybe by different angles or even lighting! Tip: Make sure the photo you take displays the true color and shape of your product. If a shirt is blue and looks gray in the picture, the shopper will be disappointed.
- The number of photos really depends on what it takes to capture the product. You want to capture every angle/side possible. Make the cover shot the BEST photo
- Next, you will out the description of the item. It is better to be 100% truthful from the start than not. For example, if you do not disclose damage on an item and then the shopper buys it and discovers the damage. They will most likely leave a bad review which can affect your whole closet. At the end of the day, just be honest and descriptive.
- You should measure your item and provide that in the description. This helps the shopper determine right away if the item will be for them.
- When it comes to pricing I would beforehand look around Poshmark and see similar items to yours and see what they are selling for, always do the price you think is best! You can always reduce the price.
- Now repeat the process above for all your items and just like that you have the beginnings of your closet.
Grow your Closet and Following.
- Now that you have listed your first item in your closet, let’s talk about how you are going to get your closet up and selling. You have to be active on Poshmark. The more active you are the more people will engage with your closet.
- Following and Sharing. This is one of the fastest ways to gain followers and make sales from your closet. When you upload an item you can share with your followers and they will get a notification that you have just uploaded a new item that they must check out!
- Be Social and a people person. Follow other closets, share items from your closet and items from other closets, make comments wherever possible.
- Join the Poshmark parties. There are parties on Poshmark that might be in the category of what you are selling! My advice is to go to that party and be social and show off your closet. People will start following you and you should get those sales. Make sure you are also buying items from other people’s closets and leaving positive reviews!
- Buying from other people’s closets can also help grow a following. If you find something you like, buy it. Leave a positive review or even a love note. Engagement on Poshmark is how you become a successful seller.
If you do everything that I have said and keep at it, you will be up and running in no time. You will make new friends, bond with people, discover a little community to sell your clothes and a new place to shop! Remember the big key to be successful is to be active, be social, join in on parties, be truthful, buy from other closets, be positive and leave positive reviews and be you! I hope you enjoy your new business, passion, addiction, and love! Poshmark it out!
Note: this blog contains affiliate links.